Singapore is known for its glitz and glamour and for being the world’s cleanest city. It is one of the most famous places to visit in Asia. The place has something for everyone – from shopping frenzy, adventurous theme parks, and inspiring museums to exotic gardens.
Though Singapore is one of the safest countries to visit, having Singapore travel insurance can help you under uncertain circumstances, as trouble does not come announced. In addition to travel insurance, there are certain things to remember to have a stress-free family trip to Singapore.
In this blog, we discussed 5 top tips to enjoy your vacation with your family stress-free.
5 tips for a stress-free family trip to Singapore
While planning a trip abroad, you must consider and plan things, which takes lots of time. Below we have discussed 5 amazing tips to ensure you have a stress-free vacation with your family –
- Book flights and hotels in advance: Once you have picked your destinations for Singapore, book your flight and hotels as soon as possible. This will save you the hassle of finding empty seats at the last moment. Flights often get booked quickly, and the prices will likely rise when you book them at the last minute. The same goes for the hotel.
Singapore is a tourist place, and every year, several people visit the place to look for serenity. Hence, the hotel rooms are subject to availability. Thus, booking the flights and hotels is advisable as soon as you finalise your plan. Once you have done that, it is time to buy travel insurance.
- Get family travel insurance: While travelling several things can go wrong at any time. A family travel insurance covers your entire family, which includes 2 adults below 60 years old and 2 children below 21 years old. A family floater plan for travelling to Singapore is a good option as it helps you save money, as this plan is cheaper than buying insurance for each individual. You can buy this travel insurance online after booking a flight and hotel.
A family floater Singapore travel insurance will help you stay to protect against sudden cancellation of a flight due to bad weather, passport loss, hijack assistance, and many more. Some insurance companies offer add-ons on the plan with an additional premium to ensure you are broadly covered against any contingencies.
Having family travel insurance online also protects you from any medical emergencies. This is because hospitalisation costs in Singapore are too high, which might cause stress and trouble in a foreign land. Thus, a family floater plan helps you have the best vacation without worrying about additional expenses.
- Plan your activities: Now that you have your Singapore travel insurance with you plan your activities. Take your time to research places like – famous destinations, popular cuisine, fun activities, and many more. Doing this brings the family together and helps you save from the hassle of reaching your destination and spending time looking for activities that you can do there.
Plan and book your activities to make the most of the trip with your family. Also, ensure not to engage in risky sports such as scuba diving, paragliding, bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. If anything happens while you are involved in these high-risk activities, the travel insurance company might reject the claim. To understand more about the inclusions and exclusions, read the travel insurance policy document online.
- Copies of your travel documents: No matter where you are travelling, always keep a duplicate of your passport, visa, and other important documents with you to ensure you are not stranded in the middle of any crisis. Also, print your travel insurance online policy document and keep a hard copy with yourself. You can also download the flight ticket, make a copy, and store it on your laptop or tablet, wherever you can access them easily.
Keeping the Confirmation of coverage document of Singapore travel insurance is important. It is a full 4–5-page document you must print and keep while travelling to Singapore. Also, keep your insurance provider’s emergency number, policy number, and coverage documents with you.
- Manage your money smartly: Make sure you do not store all the money in one place. This will cause havoc if the bag in which you have kept the money is lost. Divide the entire money into several parts, and keep one as an emergency fund. Also, keep your hard money in different places like socks, hats, under your clothes, in your lens box, etc. Also, you can carry a small bag to keep a small cash amount and change.
Though family travel insurance covers all your liabilities due to theft or loss of baggage, you must take proper care and plan the monetary part accordingly and smartly. Also, it is better to prepare yourself for the unexpected. This is because things might not go as planned and become a disaster. Certain external factors might hinder your trip, and thus, having a family travel insurance plan protects you against unforeseen circumstances.
You will always want your family trip to be amazing and you would want smooth worry-free time to enjoy the vacation, breathe in the serenity of nature, and enjoy the beach sun. With the tips mentioned above, you can easily plan your trip to Singapore. Also, ensure Singapore travel insurance to have a stress-free trip with your family. Travel insurance helps you and your family protect against any uncertain circumstances occurring.
You can buy travel insurance online to get offers and discounts. Many insurance providers offer discounts on travel insurance to make the plan more affordable so that you can get the maximum benefit out of the plan at an inexpensive rate. So, always compare and check the plan before buying one!
Disclaimer – The above information is for illustrative purposes only. For more details, please refer to the policy wordings and prospectus before concluding the sales.