Software-defined wide area networks (SD WAN) are an attractive alternative to WAN routing, such as MPLS, supporting a wide variety of communication and transport technologies while sharing the traffic load across multiple WAN links to improve performance and efficiency. This technology is now available as a service to customers (small business owners through multi national companies). If you, too, are searching for the best internet services provider, keep reading the post till the end.
Organisations are increasingly turning to digital transformation to acclimatise to new market trends, fluctuating customer demands, and increasing competition. However, traditional network architectures were not designed to handle the workloads and complexity of most digital transformation initiatives. And it often becomes worse if the business-critical services are often distributed across multiple clouds, which can further impact network performance, especially in organisations which has various branches.
The network-savvy operation teams are turning to software-defined WAN (SD-WAN). SD-WAN benefits your business by reducing overhead and improving network performance. SD-WAN solutions eliminate expensive routing and reduce hardware costs while giving organisations the flexibility to access multi-cloud services. Enterprises are deploying SD-WAN to reduce overhead and support new applications and services resulting from digital transformation. This innovative technology not only simplifies WAN management and operations but also provides many practical business benefits.
Click here – What is delivery in the stock market?
What should you understand from SD WAN as a service?
SD-WAN is a software-defined wide area network, a solution/technology that applies software-defined networking technology to WAN connections/links. These WAN links are used in organisational networks and for long-distance communications between the company’s different branch offices. Still, practically these links have often proven to be expensive and inefficient.
A software-defined version of this technology moves more network control to the cloud, combining connectivity and orchestration software to enable more consistent and efficient data transfers. The SD-WAN as a service takes this technology to the next level by offering third-party services to the enterprises that use SD-WAN services, set up and manage it for a fee.
6 Advantages of SD WAN technology for business
- Better performance
Not all network traffic is the same. Fortunately, SD-WAN can be configured to prioritise and effectively route business-critical traffic and real-time services such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to the most efficient routes. By facilitating critical applications with reliable, high-performance connectivity, IT teams can reduce packet loss and latency issues, improve employee productivity, along with boosting employee morale. This is a performance that impacts your business.
- Digital transformation is a double-edged sword. It can improve customer satisfaction and expand market reach, but it can also expose your organisation to significant security risks, and this makes it worrying. Fortunately, many SD-WAN solutions have security built-in already. However, the basic firewall and VPN capabilities provided by most SD-WAN solutions are often inadequate, leaving IT teams to add security to flexible and dynamic SD-WAN connections after that. A better option is to look for an SD-WAN solution that offers a wide range of built-in security features for instance NGFW, IPS, encryption, AV & sandboxing capabilities. These features help prevent data loss, downtime, regulatory and legal violations and avoid liability.
- Digital transformation initiatives can add multiple layers of complexity to your network. This leads to the risk of degraded network performance, overburdening IT teams and requiring onsite staff to be deployed for remote locations so as to manage the local IT infrastructure. Luckily, SD-WAN can help IT teams, by simplifying WAN infrastructure, using broadband to offload non-critical business applications, automating monitoring tasks, and managing traffic through a central controller, thus reducing the overall burden on IT teams. Consider finding an SD-WAN solution that can also integrate with your local branch office infrastructure to embed security and management deep into your local LAN.
- Enterprises are increasingly relying on cloud services. Fortunately, SD-WAN enables direct access to the cloud at remote branch offices, thereby eliminating backhauling traffic. This means all cloud and branch office traffic goes through the data centre. This means employees have direct access to cloud applications, regardless of their location. This also eliminates the need to burden the core network with additional traffic that must be managed and protected. Additionally, SD-WAN improves cloud application performance by prioritising business-critical applications and allowing branch offices to communicate directly with the Internet.
- As organisations deploy more and more cloud-based applications, the amount of data that is transferred over the WAN grows exponentially, increasing operational costs. Fortunately, SD-WAN can drive its price down by leveraging low-cost local internet access, providing direct cloud access, & reducing the amount of traffic on the backbone WAN.
- Easy installation and maintenance
Click here – Growing And Shaping Beard Styles
Instead of managing and maintaining the WAN on your own, the end user pays the SD-WAN service provider to install and provision the WAN connection. This is often combined with other services like ongoing maintenance, pre-installed applications, and monitoring services, all of which help customers reduce their IT costs.
In addition, when properly selected and deployed, SD WAN’s functionality can be extended deep into the local branch LAN, with security and networking capabilities to protect locally deployed devices along with providing direct access to SaaS applications and other online resources. Thus giving you the advantage of securing your connection. The benefits of moving to SD-WAN include eliminating network sprawl, security risks, and inconsistent performance. But for businesses that dig deeper, this revolutionary technology can offer significant business benefits, leading to a significantly lower total cost of ownership and supporting more branches.
If you’re interested in improving connectivity and data transfer between company locations without increasing IT costs, SD-WAN as a service can be an ideal solution. Spectra, with years of experience helping companies to develop comprehensive IT plans, we can assist you find the best solution for your business. Contact us today for more information. Spectra will customise the plan best suited for your needs. And don’t worry too much about cost; with Spectra, you can expect 3 features affordability, quality and reliability.